- 2 cups fresh hibiscus flowers or 1/2 cup dried hibiscus flowers
- 8 cups water
- 1/4 cup honey add more if you like your tea sweeter
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- If using fresh hibiscus flowers, remove the calyx or the green part at the base of the flower to which the stem is attached. You can also remove the pistil which is the thin thread like tube in the middle of the flower which has pollens attached to it or you can choose to keep it. You don’t need to do this if you are using dried flowers.
- Bring the hibiscus flowers and water to a boil in a large pot. Once the water starts boiling, switch off the flame and cover. At this point, you can also add other herbs or add ins such as basil, lemon grass, lemon zest etc. Let the tea steep for 15-20 minutes. Mix in the honey and lime juice until completely combined. Strain the tea.
- You can either serve hibiscus tea warm or you can chill it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. Either way it tastes delicious!
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!