- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/3 cup sugar plus 2 Tablespoons sugar divided
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt divided
- 1 cup flour
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest + 1 teaspoon lemon zest divided
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice divided
- 3 pints blueberries
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
To make the Crust:
- In a medium bowl combine melted butter and 2 Tablespoons of sugar.
Add cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 cup of flour to the sugar/butter mixture.
- Combine to form dough (caution: this dough will be wet).
- Press the dough into a 9 inch tart pan.
- Place tart pan containing crust onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until golden brown and set.
- Allow to cool.
To make the Sauce:
- In a small saucepan combine 1 Tablespoon lemon zest, 1 pint blueberries and 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer until fruit has released its juices and thickened slightly.
- Remove from heat and then stir in 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice.
- Allow to cool and then pour into a clean container.
To make the filling:
- In a stand mixer, combine cream cheese and brown sugar.
- Add 1 teaspoon lemon zest and 1 1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine until smooth.
To make the Tart:
- Pour cream cheese filling into cooled tart crust.
- Take a scant 1/4 cup of blueberry lemon sauce and drizzle it over the top of the filling, using a knife to then swirl it into the filling.
- Cover top of tart with fresh blueberries.
- Drizzle with honey.
- Cool in the refrigerator for approximately one hour (or more).
- Serve and enjoy!
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!