- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 8 ounces dry large elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Petite Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups chopped fully cooked lean ham
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 8×8-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Cook macaroni according to package directions, omitting salt. Combine drained tomatoes and baking soda in medium bowl; set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt margarine in large saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add cheese; stir until melted. Add tomatoes to cheese mixture; blend well. Drain macaroni; add to saucepan. Stir in ham and pepper. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!