- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium brown onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 5 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 small barbecued chicken, meat removed and chopped
- 100g snow peas, sliced into 1cm strips
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat oil in heavy-based pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, onion and carrot and cook, stirring, until vegetables are softened.
- Add rice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until lightly coated in oil.
- Add 2 cups of the stock and bring to boil. Cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Continue to add remaining stock (about 1/2 cup at a time) along with the capsicum, zucchini and chicken.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 8-10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender yet firm to the bite and the risotto is creamy.
- Add snow peas and cheese (if desired) and stir to combine.
- Season with cracked black pepper to taste. Serve.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!