- 6 cups thinly sliced apples
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pastry for a 9-inch double-crust pie
- Prepare your pastry for a two crust pie. Wipe, quarter, core, peel, and slice apples; measure to 6 cups.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon. The amount of sugar used depends on how tart your apples are.
- Arrange apples in layers in pastry lined pie plate. Sprinkle each layer with sugar and cinnamon. Dot top layer with small pieces of butter or margarine. Cover with top crust.
- Place on lowest rack in oven preheated to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake for 30 to 35 minutes longer. Serve warm or cold.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!