- 1/2 cup green beans – trimmed
- 1 small egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ⅓ cup corn starch – or potato starch
- Cooking oil – for frying
Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon Japanese mayo
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
- Place the green beans in a bowl, add the egg, salt, pepper and cayenne. Mix well.
- Dump in the starch and mix.
- Heat enough cooking oil in a wok or frying pan to reach a depth of at least two inches.
- Drop the battered green beans one by one in the hot oil. Cook in batches until golden and crisp, about two to three minutes.
- Drain the green beans tempura on a rack or a stack of paper towels.
- Mix the ingredients for the sauce.
- Serve the tempura-style crispy green beans with the dipping sauce on the side.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!