- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups bottled pomegranate juice
- 1/3 cup pomegranate liqueur such as PAMA
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Garnish: pomegranate seeds
- Ice cream maker
- Whisk together cream, milk, sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a 2 1/2- to 3-quart heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over moderate heat, whisking occasionally, then boil, whisking, 2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a bowl and chill, uncovered, until cold, at least 1 hour.
- Freeze in ice cream maker, then transfer to an airtight container and put in freezer to harden, at least 2 hours.
- Soften gelato slightly in refrigerator, about 20 minutes, before serving.
Makes 1 Quart
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!