- 1 lb baby potatoes
- 2 green onions spring onions/scallion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 4 salmon fillets – skin on 5oz/140g each
- Salt and white pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- Flaky sea salt
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes until just tender. Drain.
- Whilst the potatoes are cooking finely slice the onions.
- Mix the horseradish and cream together.
- Once drained, crush the potatoes with the back of a fork.
- Add the half of the horseradish cream and all of the spring onions to the crushed potatoes. Mix thoroughly and season with salt and white pepper. Cover the pan and set aside. They will keep warm whilst the salmon cooks.
- Use kitchen paper to pat the salmon fillets dry (especially the skin) and then season lightly with fine salt.
- Place a heavy based skillet over a high heat and let it get hot.
- Add the olive oil and then pan fry the salmon skin side down for 3 minutes.
- Flip and cook for a further minute.
- To serve, add a mound of smashed potatoes to each plate, drizzle with the remaining horseradish cream.
- Add the salmon skin side up and then grate over the zest of the lemon and sprinkle with sea salt.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!