- Sea salt
- 10 1/2 ounces extra fine (slender) green beans
- 3 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Leaves from 1/3 bunch flat-leaf parsley (1/2 cup), finely chopped
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. While the water is boiling, trim the ends from the green beans and fill a large bowl halfway with ice water.
- Drop the beans into the boiling water and cook until bright green, anywhere from 2 to 5 minutes. Transfer to the ice water to stop the cooking. Drain the green beans and set them aside on a clean kitchen towel.
- In a medium skillet or larger pot, such as a Dutch oven, set over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in the garlic and cook until it starts to brown, about 2 minutes. Toss in the green beans and stir to evenly coat the beans.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the parsley. Serve immediately.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!