- 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 medium eggs
- Italian bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
- Salt and pepper
- Pizza sauce (for dipping)
- Cut mozzarella into 1 cm slices. Place it into a colander and let them drain for about one hour.
- In a small bowl crack the eggs, season with salt and pepper and whisk until combined.
- Dip a slice of mozzarella into the egg mixture. Then coat with bread crumbs. Repeat this step with the same slice of cheese to double coat it.
- Place the coated cheese on a plate and repeat the process with all mozzarella.
- Heat a good amount of frying oil in a pan over medium heat. Fry few pieces at time flipping them from time to time until golden and crunchy.
- As they coming out from the oil place them onto a cooling rack, then serve immediately.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!