- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1.5 teaspoons chili powder
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 (15 oz.) cans corn kernels, drained
- 32 oz. vegetable broth
- ½-1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Fried tortilla strips
- Sliced jalapeno
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Sour cream
- Cotija cheese
- Lime wedges
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion along with a couple pinches of salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, coriander, and a couple more pinches of salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add corn and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Add half the corn mixture to a blender along with the vegetable broth. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour blended soup back into the pot and stir to combine. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream and lime juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with your favorites and enjoy!
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!