- 2 ¾ cups (380 g) bread flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon instant dry yeast
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon (195 ml) warm water
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1¼ teaspoons fine salt
- Using a mixer fitted with the dough hook, mix all ingredient on low speed until well combined, 2-3 minutes. Increase mixer speed to medium-low and mix for another 5 minutes. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let sit for one hour at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Divide dough into 24 pieces, each weighing about 25g. Roll each piece into a log that is roughly 25cm long (or 30cm if you like them extra thin) and ½-1 cm wide, depending on how thick you want them. Keep in mind that they will expand during baking. Place on prepared baking sheets, allowing sufficient space between each stick. If you like, brush them with oil or water and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese or sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until light golden and crisp. While the first batch is baking, cover the other baking sheet with plastic wrap until it’s ready to go into the oven.
- Allow breadsticks to completely cool on a wire rack. They will keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!