- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 (16-ounce) jar dill pickle slices
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup water
- 1½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- Fill a frying pan with ½ inch oil and heat over medium-high heat to 350–375 degrees F.
- While oil is heating, drain pickles and place on paper towels. Pat dry to remove any excess juice.
- Whisk flour, garlic salt, Italian seasoning and pepper together in a shallow bowl. Add water and mix until smooth.
- Place breadcrumbs in a separate shallow dish.
- Working in batches, add pickles to the batter and toss to coat. Then dip pickles in breadcrumbs, making sure to coat all sides.
- Fry pickles in batches in the oil for 1–2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining pickles.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!