- 8 large eggs, divided
- 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. sour cream
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt
- Freshly grond black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Finely chopped chives, for garnish
- Smoked paprika, for garnish
- Bacon, for garnish
- Place 6 eggs in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Set pan over medium-high heat and bring water to a boil. Turn off heat, cover pan with a lid, and let sit for 11 minutes. Drain, rinse eggs under cold water, and peel.
- Halve eggs lengthwise and scoop out yolks into a medium bowl. Add mayonnaise, sour cream, hot sauce, and Dijon mustard to bowl, then mash yolks with the back of a fork and stir until mixture is smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate while frying eggs.
- Place flour, remaining eggs, and panko into 3 separate shallow bowls. Add 1 teaspoon water to eggs and whisk with a fork to combine. Add garlic powder to bowl with flour and stir to combine. Dredge each egg white first in flour, then egg, then panko, and place on a plate.
- Add about 3” oil to a large heavy bottomed pot over medium heat. Heat oil to 350°, then gently drop breaded egg whites into oil and fry until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove, drain on a paper-towel lined plate and season with salt.
- Fill fried egg whites with yolk mixture and garnish with chives, bacon and paprika.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!