- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cream of tartar.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in cheese, garlic and pepper flakes.
- Add milk; stir just until moistened.
- Drop dough by heaping 1/4 cupfuls 2 inches apart onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!