- 5 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tbsp. whole black peppercorns
- 6-8 sprigs fresh dill
- 1 to 1-1/4 pounds cucumbers
- In a medium sauce pot, combine the garlic cloves, vinegar, water, sugar, salt, and peppercorns. Bring to a simmer on medium, stirring often until the sugar and salt have dissolved—about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool fully. You can place it in the fridge to help speed it along.
- Cut the cucumbers into your preferred shape: spears, crinkle-cut, or chips. Evenly divide the cucumbers between two 16-oz. glass jars, adding dill sprigs as you go. Pour the cooled brine into the jars and make sure it covers the cucumbers. Press down as needed.
- Tightly seal the lids and place in the fridge for at least 24 hours. The longer they sit, the stronger and better they get. They’ll keep in the fridge for 3 to 4 weeks.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!