- 8 large baking potatoes
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3-1/2 cups whole milk
- 12 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave on high for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly.
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually whisk in milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the process cheese and bacon; stir until cheese is melted.
- Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Cut potatoes into 1/4-in. slices. Place a third of the slices in a greased 13×9-in. baking dish; top with a third of the cheese sauce. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and onions.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!