- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 cups chopped dandelion greens (remove any tough stems)
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- To prepare dressing: Combine goat cheese, vinegar and maple syrup in a blender or food processor and blend until combined. Add 1/4 cup oil and tomatoes and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in tarragon.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 4 minutes. Drain on a paper towel. Crumble when cool. Wipe out the pan. Add 1 tablespoon oil and onion and cook, stirring, over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
- When the bacon and onion are cool, toss them in a large bowl with dandelion greens, spinach, Parmesan and 1/2 cup dressing. Drizzle more dressing over each serving, if desired. (Cover and refrigerate the remaining 1/2 cup dressing for up to 3 days.)
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!