- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound of shredded cheese
- 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic minced or pressed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 4 large wheat flour tortillas
- Oil for frying tortillas
- Brown together ground beef, onion and garlic in a frying pan over medium heat, stirring until the meat is no longer raw.
- Add salt and chili powder, blending well.
- Place ground beef, shredded cheese, and diced tomatoes onto one half of each tortilla.
- Fold other half, pressing it down to remove any air.
- Pour oil into large skillet to 1/4 inch depth.
- When oil is hot, placed filled tortillas into pan.
- Sauté over medium to high heat until golden on each side, about 45 seconds per side.
- Remove from pan onto paper towels, cut into wedges and serve.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!