- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 lb. asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 1″ pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 c. heavy cream, plus more for garnish
- Freshly chopped chives, for garnish
- Freshly chopped dill, for garnish
- In a heavy pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add asparagus, season with salt and pepper, and cook until golden, 5 minutes. Add broth and simmer, covered, until asparagus is very tender but still green, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Using an immersion or regular blender, puree soup. If using a regular blender, be sure to stop and remove lid a few times to avoid overheating the soup. Return to pot, stir in cream, then warm over low heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with more cream and herbs.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!