- ½ cup fresh basil leaves (packed, 20 grams)
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 3 cups Pomi strained tomatoes or canned tomato puree
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt 0r ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- Place the basil, garlic, and olive oil in your food processor bowl. Process into a paste.
- Add the tomatoes, buttermilk, salt, and pepper. Process until smooth and well incorporated, about 1 minute, stopping if needed to scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Transfer the soup to a serving bowl, cover, and chill in the fridge for 2 hours before serving.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!