- 8 ounces (3 heaping cups) shishito peppers
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- Lemon wedge, optional
- Salt, preferably flaky sea salt or kosher salt, to taste
- Rinse and pat the peppers dry on a clean tea towel. Transfer the peppers to a medium bowl, drizzle in the oil, and toss until the peppers are evenly coated. Set aside.
- Preheat a medium skillet over medium heat until it’s hot enough that a drop of water sizzles and evaporates quickly on contact.
- Add the peppers and let them cook, stirring every minute or so (not too often), until they are tender with charred spots, about 8 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer the peppers to a serving plate. Spritz with a lemon wedge, if desired. Sprinkle with salt, to taste (don’t skimp).
- Serve with a little bowl on the side for the pepper stems.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!