- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp butter, melted
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ Tbsp butter
- 1 ½ Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp cocoa
- 2 Tbsp confectioners’ sugar
- 4 bananas
Preparation – Crepes
- Prepare crepe batter the day before.
- Sift the flour, sugar, and salt into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, blend the milk, eggs, butter and vanilla.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir by hand until the batter is smooth.
- Let the batter rest in the refrigerator at least 1 and up to 12 hours before preparing the crepes.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter into the center of the pan and swirling to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Cook until it is set and has a little color and turn over.
- Set crepes aside to be used at a later time.
Preparation – Chocolate
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the ½ Tbsp of butter.
- Stir in 1 ½ Tbsp of milk then add the cocoa and confectioners’ sugar.
- Keep stirring to make smooth and until heated.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat griddle to 300 to 350 F.
- Place a crepe in your hand and place a row of thinly sliced banana down the middle, take one side of the crepe over the banana and roll to the other side and place on the griddle.
- Continue this procedure with the other 11 crepes and cook till lightly golden brown on one side then on the other side.
Take the warm chocolate sauce and pour it into a squeeze bottle with a small opening in the cap for making your drizzle.
- Dust four plates with confectioners’ sugar. Once the crepes are brown and heated through, place three on each plate.
- With a back and forth motion, drizzle the chocolate sauce in an angle over the crepes, garnish with a few banana slices and another light dusting of confectioners’ sugar over the crepes.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!