- 1 whole (3 pounds or larger) chicken
- 1 teaspoon crumbled dry oregano
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sherry or water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Wash chicken and giblets, pat dry.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle half of garlic and oregano inside cavity of chicken.
- Melt butter in frying pan and brown chicken.
- Transfer to crock pot.
- Sprinkled with remaining oregano and garlic.
- Add sherry or water to frying pan, stir to loosen brown bits.
- Pour into crockpot, cover and cook over low (200 degrees) for 8 hours.
- Add lemon juice at the last hour.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board.
- Skim fat from juices and pour into a serving bowl.
- Carve chicken and serve with juices over chicken.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!