- 16 Boston Bibb or Butter lettuce leaves
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp minced pickled ginger
- 1 dash Asian chili pepper sauce, or to taste
- 8 oz can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 tsp Asian (dark) sesame oil
- 2 (12.5 oz) cans chunk chicken breast, drained and shredded
- Rinse whole lettuce leaves and pat dry, being careful not to tear. Set aside.
- Heat cooking oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add onion, cook (while stirring) until tender, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in hoisin sauce, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and Asian chile pepper sauce.
- Add water chestnuts, green onions, sesame oil and chicken.
- Cook and stir until the green onions just begin to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Prepare wraps and serve.
- Great warm or cold.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!