- Always look at your garden project with the plants in mind and match the potting soil to their preference. The reward is plants that thrive.
- Amend the soil to accommodate specific plants, especially if you are planting in-ground.
- Calendar recommended amendment dates, so the soil is always “fresh.”
Types of Potting Soil
- 1. Soil pH
- Drainage – Some plants like dry soil, while others like it damp to wet.
- Age of plants – Seedlings need different soil than adult plants.
- Impact of Soil on plants – An example is a hydrangea. The blooms are blue if the soil is acidic or pink in alkaline soil
- How/Where you plant the plants. A hanging basket versus a pot or garden bed is an example.
What is in Potting Soil?
Planting Soil Recommendations
Black & Gold Soil
EB Stone Soil Amendments
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!