- 2 cups of crustless stale bread, broken into pieces
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock (use vegetable stock for vegan or vegetarian version)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup slivered blanched almonds (must be blanched, the skins are bitter)
- 2 cups green seedless grapes, sliced in half
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1-3 chopped garlic cloves (depending on how garlicky you want the result to be)
- 2-3 tablespoons sherry vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Chives for garnish
- Heat stock, add bread: Heat the stock until it’s steamy. Turn off the heat and add to the stock the broken up pieces of stale bread. Let cool.
- Grind almonds with salt and garlic: Put the almonds, salt and garlic in a food processor and pulse until the almonds are pulverized.
- Add bread, stock, grapes, and cucumbers, purée: Add the soaked bread and any stock that was not absorbed by the bread into the food processor, then add the grapes and cucumbers. Pulse until the mixture is a rough purée.
- Add vinegar: Add 2 tablespoons of the vinegar and pulse a few seconds to combine. Taste and add the other tablespoon if it needs it – grapes can sometimes be acidic enough to leave out the final tablespoon of vinegar.
- Drizzle in olive oil while food processor is running: With the motor running, drizzle in the olive oil. Turn off the motor and taste the gazpacho. Add more salt if needed.
- Chill before serving, garnish with chopped chives.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!