- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (or tenders), chopped into very small pieces
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion , chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 carrot , shredded
- 1/2 cup cabbage , finely shredded (red, green, or napa)
- 3 green onions , chopped
For the sauce:
- 1/3 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 heaping Tablespoon peanut butter , smooth or crunchy
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger (or ¼ teaspoon ground ginger)
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro , chopped
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 head Boston Bib lettuce (or romaine)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium.
- Add chicken, garlic, onions, salt and pepper and cook, tossing occasionally, until chicken is cooked through.
- Add the carrots, cabbage, and green onions, and cook for 2 more minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the sweet chili sauce, ginger, peanut butter, soy sauce, and crushed red pepper. Stir until smooth.
- Add sauce to the pan. Add cilantro. toss everything until combined.
- Spoon mixture into individual lettuce cups. Should fill about 8 lettuce cups.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!