- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 8oz cans tomato sauce
- 1 15oz can kidney beans
- 1 1.25oz packet of chili seasoning
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup cornmeal finely ground
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef and drain excess fat.
- Add tomato sauce and kidney beans, undrained, and chili seasoning. Bring to a boil and then cover.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix all dry cornbread ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Stir together wet ingredients and mix into the dry ingredients.
- Spoon 1 cup of chili into four 9oz. ramekins. Spread 1/2 cup of the cornbread batter evenly over each ramekin, and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake until cornbread in cooked all the way through, about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve immediately with cheese, green onion and sour cream.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!