- 1 box white cake mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1 container (6 oz) strawberry yogurt
Frosting and Fruit
- 1 container whipped vanilla frosting
- 1 quart (4 cups) strawberries
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Generously grease and lightly flour two 8-inch or 9-inch round pans, or spray with baking spray with flour.
- In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into pans.
- Bake as directed on box for 8- or 9-inch rounds. Cool 10 minutes. Run knife around sides of pans to loosen cakes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Spread 1/3 cup frosting over 1 cake layer to within 1/4 inch of edge. Cut about 10 strawberries into 1/4-inch slices; arrange on frosted layer. Top with second layer. Frost side and top of cake with remaining frosting. Cut remaining strawberries in half; arrange on top of cake. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!