- 1 cooking apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 3 1/2 tbsp dried ready-to-eat apricots, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp shelled pistachios
- 3 1/2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 6 ounces sultanas
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp grated nutmeg
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 3 1/2 tbsp butter, melted and kept warm
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- Icing sugar, to decorate
- Mix together the fruit, dried fruit, nuts, spices and brandy. Leave the mixture in the fridge for 30 mins to allow the flavors to develop, then stir in the honey.
- Heat oven to 395 F. Arrange the filo sheets with the short side facing you and, using scissors, cut the stack in 3 vertically, to make long strips. Brush the top 3 strips with melted butter.
- Working quickly, put 1 heaped spoonful of mincemeat at the top of the first strip. Fold one corner of the pastry over it to form a triangle, then continue folding alternately left and right to form a triangular package, until you’ve used up all the strip. Repeat with the other strips, brushing with butter before folding.
- Place on a baking sheet and brush each one with more melted butter. Bake for 15-20 mins until crisp and golden. Dust with icing sugar and serve warm.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!