- 8 ounce block cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup finely diced fresh jalapeños, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup bacon pieces
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
- 9 egg roll wrappers
- Water (in a bowl)
- Peanut oil (for frying)
- Ranch dressing, for dipping (optional)
- In a large bowl with an electric hand mixer, mix together 8 ounce block cream cheese, softened, 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, 1/3 cup finely diced fresh jalapeños, seeds removed, 1/2 cup bacon pieces, 1 green onion, thinly sliced, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder and 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika until smooth.
- Place one of the 9 egg roll wrappers on a clean work surface with one of the pointy ends facing you. Add 3 Tablespoons of the filling to the bottom third of the wrapper.
- Take the bottom of the wrapper and roll it over the filling. Push in the sides of the wrapper.
- Dip a fingertip into water and moisten the edges of the exposed wrapper. Bring the outside points of the wrapper towards the center and press the edges together to seal.
- Continue to roll the egg roll tightly to secure. Place the rolled egg roll onto a sheet tray and repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Heat your deep fryer or large pot with deep sides with 3 inches of peanut oil to 375°F. Fry the egg rolls for 3-4 minutes until golden brown on all sides, you will need to fry in batches, do not crowd the fryer.
- Place the fried egg roll onto a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess oil. Then place it on a wire rack set over a sheet tray.
- Fry the remaining egg rolls and serve with ranch dressing, for dipping.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!