- Injection Syringe
- Turkey Fryer
- Meat Thermometer
- Extra Long Thermometer Probe
- 1 large turkey under 18 lbs
- 3 gallons peanut oil
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon onion salt
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Turkey Injection Marinade:
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup oil canola or vegetable
- 3 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup water
- ½ large lemon fresh, squeezed
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- Thaw your turkey completely, rinse and pat dry. Mix your injection marinade ingredients together and fill syringe. Poke 1 hole and move the needle into different positions as you push out marinade into the turkey. Do this in different parts of the birds, making as little holes as possible with getting the marinade in as much of the bird as possible.
- Mix the rub spices together and rub all over bird, in cavity and in under skin also. Wrap turkey in cling wrap so it is completely covered and refrigerate 1 hour -24 hours. The longer the better!
- When ready to fry fill pot with water to first fill line, cover turkey in airtight bag and submerse into water to ensure the water will not over flow when placed in the hot oil. Mark water line. You want the turkey completely submerged in oil.
- Dry pot and add peanut oil to marked line. Preheat oil to 275. Remove from plastic wrap and pat dry one more time. When oil reaches temp add turkey to bucket and lower using the hanger/hook. Wear gloves to protect hands and arms from oil splattering.
- Insert thermometer probe and close lid. Allow oil to heat to 325. Cook until Internal temp of turkey reaches 165 degrees. Remove from oil and let rest for about 20-30 minutes before carving.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!