- 1 pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 1 can sweetcorn
- Vegetable stock
- 1 cup pine nuts
- Ground allspice
- Pre-heat the oven to 400° F.
- Cut the pumpkin in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Place the halves, face down, in the oven for 45 minutes or until soft and tender.
- Scrape out the flesh with a spoon and discard the shells. Set aside.
- Heat the oil and butter in a heavy-based saucepan and add the onion.
- Cook gently on a low heat until soft.
- Drain the sweetcorn and add to the pan along with the pumpkin. Cook for 2–3 minutes and then pour in the stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 10–15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the pine nuts in a frying pan or skillet, without any oil, taking care they do not burn. Set aside.
- Blend the soup until smooth, adding half of the pine nuts.
- Garnish with the remaining pine nuts and allspice.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!