- 4 large green or red peppers
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup cream style corn
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup dry crumbled corn bread or corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup freshly minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- Salt or salt substitute to taste
- Freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- Fill a large kettle to at least half full and bring water to a rolling boil.
- Slice off the top from each pepper and scrape the insides clean.
- Plunge shells into water, parboil for 2 minutes.
- Remove shells with care, invert on towels and drain.
- in a skillet, saute onions and garlic until soft.
- Cool slightly and combine all other ingredients and seasonings.
- Stuff peppers with mixture and set in baking pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes covered and 10 minutes uncovered, basting often with vegetable broth.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!