- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Lime wedges (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine smoked paprika, brown sugar, salt, 1 teaspoon dry mustard, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, chili powder and black pepper.
- Sprinkle and pat mixture evenly on both sides of chicken.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine ketchup, maple syrup, molasses, chipotle peppers, Worcestershire sauce and the remaining 1 teaspoon dry mustard and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder. Bring just to boiling; reduce heat to low, and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Prepare a gas or charcoal grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat. Arrange chicken on a lightly oiled grill rack, cover grill, and cook 4 minutes. Flip and cook 4 minutes more. Stir lime juice into sauce. Brush chicken with some of the sauce, flip and cook 1 minute. Brush sauce on the second side, flip and cook 1 minute more, or until done.
- Remove from grill and let rest 5 minutes.
- Serve with lime wedges for squeezing, if desired.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!