- 1 pint of mixed cherry tomatoes, preferably heirloom, halved
- 7 tablespoons (or more) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Flaky sea salt
- 2 pounds mixed medium and large tomatoes, preferably heirloom, cut into thin slices and/or wedges
- 8 ounces mozzarella, torn into pieces
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Small basil leaves
- Toasted bread (for serving)
- Toss cherry tomatoes with 1 Tbsp. oil in a small bowl; season with salt.
- Arrange tomato slices on a platter, slightly overlapping; season generously with salt.
- Arrange mozzarella over tomatoes; lightly season mozzarella with salt.
- Spoon cherry tomatoes over salad and drizzle with 6 Tbsp. oil; season with pepper.
- Let stand 30 minutes to let flavors combine from the juices of the tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Top salad with basil and additional salt and oil, if desired.
- Serve with bread alongside.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!