- 4 pounds broccoli
- 3 sweet red peppers, cut into thin strips
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Trim off large leaves of broccoli and remove tough ends of lower stalks.
- Wash broccoli thoroughly and cut flowerets into bite-sized pieces.
- Cook broccoli covered in a small amount of boiling salted water for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly tender and drain.
- Rinse with cold water, drain and set aside.
- Combine broccoli and peppers in a large mixing bowl and toss gently.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a jar, cover tightly and shake vigorously.
- Pour marinade over vegetables, toss gently.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Drain off marinade before serving.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!