- 2 quarts fresh or frozen blueberries
- 4 cups water
- 12 cups sugar
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) liquid fruit pectin
- Place blueberries in a Dutch oven and crush slightly. Add water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, for 45 minutes. Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth and place over a bowl. Place berry mixture in strainer; cover with edges of cheesecloth. Let stand for 30 minutes or until liquid measures 6 cups.
- Pour juice back into Dutch oven; gradually stir in sugar until it dissolves. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Continue to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into six hot sterilized pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!