- 1 pint fresh blackberries
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine blackberries, sugar, and lemon zest in the bowl of a food processor; process until mixture is pureed. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Strain the seeds through a fine mesh sieve and return puree to the food processor. Add cream, milk, and vanilla extract. Pulse until mixture is whipped, about 30 seconds.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions, about 20 minutes. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until firm, 2 hours to overnight.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!