- 1 pound beef tenderloin
- One 5-ounce box fresh baby arugula, washed and dried (see notes)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed juice from about 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg yolk
- 10 small tomatoes cut into quarters to garnish
- Wrap beef tenderloin in plastic wrap, and chill in freezer for 1 hour. Using a very sharp knife, cut beef across the grain into 1/8-inch-thick slices. Place slices between sheets of plastic wrap or wax paper and gently pound with the flat end of a meat mallet, or roll with a heavy rolling pin until paper-thin.
- Arrange slices on 6 individual chilled plates. Add arugula to a bowl and toss with 4 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange arugula in a pile in the center of each plate.
- Place remaining 4 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, mustard, egg yolk, salt and pepper in a 2-cup measure. Use an immersion blender or hand blender to mix until thick. Drizzle mustard sauce around each plate avoiding arugula. Garnish plates with tomato quarters and serve immediately.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!