- 2 medium peeled cucumbers
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, or to taste
- 1/4 cup firmly packed cilantro or parsley
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 medium firm/ripe avocados
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 small red onion
- Fresh cilantro sprigs for garnish
- Cut one cucumber in chunks and put in the blender.
- Blend with 2 cups of the chicken broth, cilantro, lime juice, salt and Tabasco until smoothly pureed.
- Peel, pit and chop avocados.
- Put into the food processor and add the pureed mixture and the rest of the chicken broth.
- Blend very briefly to puree the avocado, leaving some chunks.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Just before serving, finely mince the red onion.
- Cut and seed the 2nd cucumber.
- Pour soup into 6 bowls and garnish with a sprig of fresh cilantro.
- Offer the minced onion and chopped cucumber on the side to add individually to taste.
Do you like what you see? Sign up for our weekly newsletter to get content like this every week!