- Estimated Chilling Requirement
200-300 hours below 45°F
- USDA Plant Hardiness Zones
6 – 10
- Bloom Season within fruit typeearly midseason
- Harvest Season within fruit type
- Harvest DatesJuly 16 to August 7(approximate for Hickman, CA)
- Developed by Zaiger Genetics. U.S. Plant Patent No. 13503.
The first NectaPlum® from Zaiger Genetics: a white-fleshed, nectarine-peach-plum hybrid. Skin is dark maroon at fruit set, and turns pale pink when ripe. Fully ripe fruit is unparalleled in flavor, and both nectarine and plum traits are easily detectable. Very productive tree is also quite ornamental. Tremendous purplish pink bloom in the spring, followed by a flourish of red leaves which mature into lush green in late summer. Very low chilling requirement, but high chill adaptable.